How You Can Help Your Child?
Literacy and Reading
We have a real passion for reading and writing and promote it by:
- Daily Guided Reading Sessions (Reception to Year 6)
- Banded guided reading and home school books (Big Cat, Rigby Star, Bug Club and Oxford Reading Tree).
- Inspirational Reading/Writing Areas
- Inspirational texts used across the curriculum
- Creative and Cross Curricular Writing sessions
- Silver Pen Awards
- Embedded Grammar through curriculum (in addition to discrete sessions).
- Targeted Spelling Programme
- Wanting to help your child? Read daily with child and focus on their target (see their class newsletter for more details). Take a look at activities listed.
Here at Parochial, we follow a challenging and effective phonics system:
- 5 x weekly sessions (20 mins).
- Sessions matched to individual children's needs.
- LCP Phonics as a basis for planning
- Jolly Phonics actions.
- From Reception we encourage children to use correct terminology.
- All sessions - fun, engaging, challenging and very
- Wanting to help your child further? Please find an overview of the Phonic programme in which we follow and some fun websites to play with your child at home.
Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation support