Parochial School - an inclusive, inspirational school,
preparing for the future;
living, learning and growing together in God.
At Parochial CE Primary School we introduced the 'What if...learning' approach to teach PSHE themes through the Christian values of love, hope, respect and tolerance. We constantly strive to challenge our pupils to think globally, understand and appreciate themselves as individuals, find their place in the community and reassess their attitudes towards each other. Our topics are exciting and well received by the pupils and teachers alike.
Look at some of the photographs of our work and the units themselves.
Themes for 2019/20
- What if life was like a playground? (Autumn 1) – Topics R1, R2 and R5
- What if the world was ruled by children? (Autumn 2) - Topics R3, R4, and H2
- What if my mind was as healthy as my body? (Spring 1) – Topic H1
- What if I could see into my future? (Spring 2) – Topic H3, H4, H5 and H6
- What if failure was not an option? (Summer 1) – Careers Education (resilience, aspirations) + Mental Health and Wellbeing cont.
- What if money grew on trees? (Summer 2) – Living in the Wider World - Economic wellbeing and financial capability
Themed weeks: Friendship Week (Anti-bullying), Healthy Schools Week (Drugs, Alcohol and Tobacco Education)